New Delhi: As corona virus wreaks havoc in many countries around the world and thousands of people have lost their lives, India has stayed relatively unscathed.
To counter the emerging threat of corona virus, Northern Railway Central Hospital gears up to tackle with corona virus. According to NR spokesperson Deepak Kumar, one dedicated ward for clinically suspected cases has been established at Northern Railway Central Hospital New Delhi with personnel protective disposable dress for both paramedics and patients.
Lecture on Do’s and Don’ts by health educators along with Railway doctors at Railway Colonies, Club, Health Units and Barat Ghars gathering shall be done. Peoples will be educated about the symptoms of the corona virus and if anyone has the symptoms, he may immediately contact to nearest Health Unit or Hospital.
The General Do’s and Don’ts are indicated below:
*Cover your nose and mouth with disposable Tissue of handkerchief while coughing or sneezing
* Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
* Avoid crowded places
* Person suffering from Influenza like illness must be confined at home
* Stay more than one arm’s length distance from persons sick with flu.
* Take adequate sleep and rest.
* Drink plenty of water/liquids and eat nutritious food
* Person suspected with Influenza like illness must consult doctor.
* Touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
* Hugging, kissing and shaking hands while greeting.
* Spitting in public places.
* Taking medicines without consulting doctor.
* Excessive physical exercise.
* Disposal of used napkin or tissue paper in open areas.
* Touching surfaces usually used by public (Railing, Door gates etc.)
* Smoking in public places.
* Unnecessary testing.