Lucknow: Going tough to the Tablighi Jamaat incident, the state government is taking all necessary steps to arrest the spread of coronavirus.
Talking to reporters at Lok Bhawan here on Thursday, the Additional Chief Secretary, Home Awanish Kumar Awasthi said that the rate of spread of infection in the state is continuously decreasing due to lockdown.
He said that about 40 people left the quarantine home in Hapur. Taking serious note of it the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered to take action against these people, and also directed to take action against the officials responsible for the incident. The CM has ordered not to give any kind of concession in the Tablighi Jamaat case.
He said that CM has taken the Delhi incident seriously. Acting on the instructions of the CM, 1072 people have been identified so far. Of these, 884 have been quarantined at different places and samples of 429 people have been collected and sent for investigation. The investigation report is expected by Thursday night. He said that 304 people have been identified in Meerut among those who went to Tablighi Jamaat. On the other hand, 145 people have been identified in Bareilly, 40 in Prayagraj, 104 in Agra, 197 in Varanasi, 187 in Gorakhpur, 170 in Gautam Budh Nagar, 33 in Kanpur and 93 people have been identified in Lucknow city and commissionerate together. An intensive campaign is underway to identify others.
ACS Home said that 287 foreign nationals have been identified and 286 of them have been quarantined so far by the state police. Apart from this, action is being taken against 211 foreign nationals by seizing their passports for violating visa rules.