Varanasi: As per the government advisory in wake of COVID-19 threat to avoid crowding and practice social distancing, the Indian Railways relaxed Refund Rules for PRS counter generated tickets.
According to the Ashok Kumar, spokesperson of NER Varanasi division, all rules for e-ticket remain same as passenger does not need to come to the station for refund of ticket.
This relaxation is for journey period from 21st March – 15 April 2020.
1) CASE 1- Train cancelled by Railways for journey period 21 March – 15 April 2020.
- Refund across counter can be taken on submission of Ticket up to 45 days from date of journey. (Instead of extant rule of 3 hours/72 hours)
CASE 2: Train NOT cancelled. Passenger does NOT want to perform journey.
- TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) can be filed within 30 days from date of journey at the station. (Instead of extant rule of 3 days)
- TDR can be submitted to CCO/ CCM Claims office for getting the refund with 60 days of filing of TDR subject to verification from Train chart. (Instead of extant rule of 10 days)
- For passengers who want cancel ticket through 139 can get refund across the counter within 30 days from date of journey. (Instead of extant rule of up to scheduled departure of the train.)
Passengers are advised to avail the facility, avoid coming to railway station during the spread of the virus.